WHO ARE WE?
Savvy Suburbanites residents are well educated, well read, and well capitalized. Families include empty nesters and empty nester wannabes, who still have adult children at home. Located in older neighborhoods outside the urban core, their suburban lifestyle includes home remodeling and gardening plus the active pursuit of sports and exercise. They enjoy good food and wine, plus the amenities of the city’s cultural events.
• Established neighborhoods (most built between 1970 and 1990) found in the suburban periphery of large metropolitan markets.
• Married couples with no children or older children; average household size is 2.85. • 91% owner occupied; 66% mortgaged (Index 160).
• Primarily single-family homes, with a median value of $362,900 (Index 161).
• Low vacancy rate at 3.8%.
• Education: 50.6% college graduates; 77.6% with some college education.
• Low unemployment at 3.5% (Index 65); higher labor force participation rate at 67.9% (Index 109) with proportionately more 2-worker households at 62.2%, (Index 120).
• Well-connected consumers that appreciate technology and make liberal use of it for everything from shopping and banking to staying current and communicating.
• Informed shoppers that do their research prior to purchasing and focus on quality.