WHO ARE WE?
Residents in this highly mobile and educated market live alone or with a roommate in older apartment buildings and condos located in the urban core of the city. This is one of the fastest growing segments; the popularity of urban life continues to increase for consumers in their late twenties and thirties. Metro Renters residents income is above the US average, but they spend a large portion of their wages on rent, clothes, and the latest technology. Computers and cell phones are an integral part of everyday life and are used interchangeably for news, entertainment, shopping, and social media. Metro Renters residents live close to their jobs and usually walk or take a taxi to get around the city.
• Over half of all households are occupied by singles, resulting in the smallest average household size among the markets, 1.67.
• Neighborhoods feature 20+ unit apartment buildings, typically surrounded by offices and businesses.
• Renters occupy close to 80% of all households.
• Public transportation, taxis, walking, and biking are popular ways to navigate the city.
• Well-educated consumers, many currently enrolled in college.
• Very interested in the fine arts and strive to be sophisticated; value education and creativity.
• Willing to take risks and work long hours to get to the top of their profession.
• Become well informed before purchasing the newest technology.
• Prefer environmentally safe products.
• Socializing and social status very important.